Hello & welcome to 16PERCENT.CO. In this blog, we would like to share about acne causes and symptoms. Acne is a common skin condition that occurs when hair follicles become clogged with oil and dead skin cells. But, do you know what is acne caused by? The exact cause of acne is multifactorial, but several factors contribute to its development :
5 things that can caused acne regardless your age & gender
- Excess oil production : Increased oil (sebum) production by the sebaceous glands is a primary factor in the development of acne. Hormonal changes, such as during puberty, can stimulate the sebaceous glands to produce more oil.
- Clogged pores : The hair follicles can become clogged with excess oil and dead skin cells. This creates an ideal environment for the proliferation of bacteria, particularly Propionibacterium acnes, which is naturally present on the skin.
- Bacterial infection : When the hair follicles become clogged, the trapped oil and dead skin cells can create a favorable environment for bacteria to thrive. The bacteria can then multiply, leading to inflammation and the formation of acne lesions.
- Hormonal changes : Hormonal fluctuations, commonly experienced during puberty, menstrual cycles, pregnancy, or hormonal disorders, can contribute to acne development. Androgens (male hormones) stimulate the sebaceous glands, leading to increased oil production.
- Inflammation : The presence of bacteria and the immune response to it can cause inflammation, resulting in redness, swelling, and the formation of pimples or nodules.
- Genetic factors : There is evidence suggesting that genetics play a role in acne development. If your parents or close relatives have a history of acne, you may be more prone to developing it.
- Other factors : Certain factors can worsen or trigger acne, including certain medications (e.g., corticosteroids, lithium), stress, diet (particularly high glycemic index foods and dairy products), and friction or pressure on the skin (from helmets, tight clothing, or frequent touching of the face).
It’s important to note that acne can vary in severity, ranging from mild, occasional breakouts to more severe and persistent forms. If you’re experiencing acne and it’s affecting your quality of life, it’s recommended to consult a dermatologist for proper diagnosis and treatment options.
At 16PERCENT, we have solutions for your acne problems. All our product are alcohol free & paraben free that is safe for pregnant women and babies:[row h_align=”center”] [col span__sm=”12″ align=”center”]